Tuna C155

Sail Number C155
Location of Boat Port Fairy
Owner’s Name John Ardlie
Built Year 1940
Builder Cayzer

History

Fished Port Phillip then Lorne.

Worked 1962-1976 by Doug & Geoff Tune for couta, abalone,long lining for school and gummy shark & held a 16 pot cray licence.

Geoff changed her name from SALLY to TUNA to accord with his nickname.

The licence was later sold to another boat operator and then TUNA taken to Portland.
She was saved from destruction and repaired and restored in the 1990’s to top sailing order.

She sailed from Portland to Port Fairy in Dec 2005 on change of ownership.
(She was owned by Rod Dunn for a while)

Another version of her History:
Built in Queenscliffe and fished from Lorne pier for many years. was owned by the Nortons, and then Dave Harris and was named Sally till 1962, when bought by Doug Tune.
Changed the name to TUNA in 1962 and was used to fish for crayfish, shark and Couta.
Had many exciting trips and near sinkings around the coast, believe it travelled to Tasmania fishing on occaisions.
Bought by ‘Shorty Tull in Torquay in 1976, and ended up in Portland.
Bought by John Ardlie in 2005, refurbished and has been at Port Fairy since then.

Comments

TBA

Race Record

TBA

Photos

Photos go here

Boat Measurement in Detail

C155
Hull LOA 23″
FWD (Fwd Mastface Fwd Stem) TBA
AFT (Aft Mast Aft Transom) TBA
BOBSTAY to waterline TBA
FORE FOOT TBA
DRAFT AFT TBA
Sails LP (Luff perpendicular) TBA
JIB TBA
MAIN TBA
Ballast Ballast Weight Iron 500kg
Engine Yanmar 20hp
Compliant TBA