|Location of Boat||Sorrento|
|Owner’s Name||Graeme Mee and Colin Arcaro|
|Builder||Garry Edwards, Barwon Heads from Ken Lacco design|
Gary Edwards is a cabinet maker and carpenter with a keen interest in boats. He built C1789 after having salvaged and rebuilt C40 Sarah in 1985. C1789 was designed by Ken Lacco to a brief for a “big 21 footer” to allow Gary to use her for fishing out of Barwon Heads. Constructed with Spotted Gum keel, stem and stern post, Kauri planking, Oregon deck beams and Queensland Beech decking. Named ‘Julia’ after Gary Edwards daughter.
• C1789 was purchased by Jamie Spencer in early 2000 and sailed at Sorrento.
• C1789 was then purchased in 2004 by John Lessels and sailed at Paynesville.
• C1789 was then purchased in 2014 by Andrew Somerville and sailed at Paynesville
• C1789 was then purchased by Graeme Mee and Colin Arcaro in 2017, renamed “Gisella”, refitted and relocated to SSCBC
• Original Volvo engine replaced mid 2000’s with a Yanmar 2YM15
• Tabernacle mast modification
• Centre case replaced 2014
• Three bladed propeller replaced 2017 with two bladed propeller
Boat Measurement in Detail
|FWD (Fwd Mastface Fwd Stem)||6’5″|
|AFT (Aft Mast Aft Transom)||14’4″|
|BOBSTAY to waterline||6″|
|Sails||LP (Luff perpendicular)||11’111/2″|
|JIB||No 1 – 126sq ft|
|MAIN||254 Sq ft|
|Ballast||Ballast Weight||800 lead|