Click here to add your own text
|Location of Boat||Sorrento|
|Owner’s Name||John Dryden|
|Builder||Jeff Severn Western Port Vic|
Information courtesy of Tim Phillips
Colleen, now Paris C55, built by Jeff Severn just after the war, about 1946 when materials were in short supply, self designed Jeff Severn had Jack Savage check the plan for him, also showed the plan to Jack Norling as they were Western port people. Colleen was not fitted with a jibboon.,
Colleen was purchased Marcus Burke about 1977/8 I [Tim Phillips] found her for them, she was on a mooring at Hastings and the Burke’s purchased her from Bibby at Hastings. He is the brother of Ron Bibby the boatbuilder who did some work on our H28 Matalita in the late 1960’s. He still comes into the Wooden Boatshop from time to time.
I came around with them to Port Phillip as they had no ocean experience at the time. Saw the Victory out that day, I was sleeping under the deck and Peter said take a look at this, the Victory, she had a fishing party on board, out near Philip is.
- Sold to Jamie Spencer about 1983
- Sold to Robert Finklestein about 1986/7
- Sold to Chris Morris 1989
- Sold to Malcolm Bristow, name change to Coutabeenparis, in the mid 90’s
- Malcolm Bristow received an inheritance and had a choice of a trip to Paris or buying a Couta boat so hence the name was derived from “Could have been Paris”.
- Sold to John Dryden. Had her 6 years or so.
Tim: “Beat me in the Portsea cup, then the Gaff Rig race, about 1979 when Pat Hutchins sailed her to victory over me in the Helen, still can’t believe it. Blew quite hard that day.”
- Line Honours 2001 KPMG Classic
- 1st 2001 Winter Series
- 1st 2002 Winter Series
- 2nd 2003 Mazda Grand Prix
- 1st 2003 Around Mud Island
- 3rd 2004 Mazda Grand Prix
- 2nd Line Honours 2004 Australia Day Three Piers
- 3rd 2005 Great Fort Run
Boat Measurement in Detail
|FWD (Fwd Mastface Fwd Stem)||8′ 10″|
|AFT (Aft Mast Aft Transom)||16′|
|BOBSTAY to waterline||2″|
|DRAFT AFT||2′ 11″|
|Sails||LP (Luff perpendicular)||16′|
|Ballast||Ballast Weight||1 Ton|